1. Receive an invitation to a Zoom meeting.
2. Pick a device (smart phone, tablet, computer) with a speaker and mic and camera.
3. Click on the zoom.us link in the invitation.
4. If Zoom invites you to download the Zoom app, do so. The free registration allows you to upload a picture of yourself (or, for anonymity, a pet or flower or the like) and set a name to be known by in Zoom meetings.
5. Join the Zoom meeting. You might need to wait to be admitted. You can turn off your video, mute your mic, or both. If you choose to "chat" you will be able to type messages to others in the meeting. You might need to hover your mouse over the bottom of the Zoom screen to get to these controls.
6. To get out of the Zoom meeting, click "leave meeting."
There's more, but try Zoom with a friend several times to get used to things.