Southern Saratoga's #1 resource for information about area shopping, dining, businesses, community groups, news, events & activities, weather, and Clifton Park Town Hall

Clifton Park Town Hall

Town Clerk


  • Preparation of minutes of Town Board meetings
  • Maintain all Town records
  • Legal notices: bids, public hearings, notices of adoption
  • General and primary elections
  • Freedom of Information requests
  • Issue over 65 and Social Security disabled transfer station permits
  • Issue handicapped parking permits
  • Issue Certificates of Residency
  • Sale of zoning, subdivision, design construction standards, and sign regulations
  • Offer notarial services
  • All licensing: sporting, dog, marriage, peddler/junkyard, bingo/games of chance/bell jar
  • Sale and renewal of Mary Jane Row Dog Park Permits

Proof Required for Certificate of Residency

You must be a current resident of Clifton Park & have lived in the Town for at least one year for the Town Clerk to issue.

Proof required for Certificate of Residency:

  1. Document dated at least one year ago but not more than 15 months showing name and current Clifton Park address.
  2. Document dated within the last 30 days showing name and current Clifton Park address.

Students that have moved within the past year must obtain certificate at the County Treasurer’s Office. Phone 885-5381 Ext. 4325.

  1. Students who are not citizens of the United States applying for their FIRST Certificate of Residency must apply in the County Treasurer’s Office. Foreign-born students will be asked to provide a Visa, Permanent Resident Card or immigration papers indicating permanent resident status.
  2. Students must know their social security number (card not required)
  3. If the student is under 21, one of the two proofs may be of the parent.


  • College correspondence including bills or schedule of classes
  • Dated mail or postmarked envelopes (window envelopes not acceptable)
  • Bank statement
  • Credit card statement
  • Cell phone, utility/telephone bills
  • Formal Lease
  • Driver’s license
  • Car registration, insurance card
  • High school interim reports, transcripts
  • Medical records/prescriptions
  • Pay stub

Clifton Park Town Clerk Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., open until 7 p.m. on Thursdays. Phone 371-6681

Saratoga County Treasurer’s Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Phone 885-5381 ext. 4325.

** A student must apply for a certificate no sooner than 60 days prior to the start of classes and no later than 30 days after the college’s first day of classes. Certificates remain valid for one year of semesters, provided the student attends during the semester the certificate that is issued. A student that does not register for the certificate that was issued, must apply for and receive a new certificate. Cut off dates are dictated by the start of classes at each college and will vary. Students applying for a certificate after the beginning of the college semester must apply at County Treasurer’s office.

Refer to County Treasurer at for additional information on Certificate of Residency.


Q. Where is the Town Clerk’s Office?

A. It is located in the Clifton Park Town Hall on the corner of Vischer Ferry Road and Clifton Park Center Road.

Q. What Do I Need To Get A Marriage License?

A. Couple needs to come in together

  1. Photo ID drivers license or passport
  2. State Issued (not hospital) Birth certificate ( if not in English need certified transcript in English) or Naturalization papers
  3. Social Security Number (card not required)
  4. Need to know city and state both born in
  5. Country of birth for their parents
  6. Parents’ full names including maiden names, middle names and the correct spelling
  7. If not first marriage, need final divorce decree for all divorces and/or date of death of spouse, copy of death certificate required
  8. Applicants should be prepared to chose a “surname”
  9. The fee is $32.
  10. License must be obtained at least 24 hrs in advance of the ceremony
  11. License is good for 60 days

Q. How Do I License My Dog?

A. When your dog is 4 months old or more, bring the Veterinarian’s inoculation certificates for Rabies, spay or neuter, if done to the Town Clerk’s office to apply for the dog license. Fees are: $3.50 for spayed and neutered dogs, $11.50 others.

Q. What Do I Need To Bring To The Clerks Office to Register My Dog for the Dog Park if I Am From Another Municipality?

Please bring the following if your dog lives in another town:
1)    Current NYS dog license (paper copy) from your municipality
2)    Proof of Current rabies Vaccination

National Night Out in Clifton Park, Tuesday August 2, 2016

Clifton Park will be celebrating the 11th Annual National Night Out Against Crime event in the Clifton Common on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Clifton Common Basketball Courts. Children ages 6 to 12 are invited to join the Town and our local first-responders […]

Read complete article...

Not So Common Players presents Lucky Stiff – March 2017

Not So Common Players will be presenting Lucky Stiff, March 17-26.  Click Here for dates and times.

Read complete article...

Duck Hunting in Vischer Ferry Nature Preserve, Oct. 1 – 7


Read complete article...

Part Time Position with West Crescent Fire District

West Crescent Fire District Part Time – 12 Hours a Week Secretary to the Board of Fire Commissioners and Chief of Department Candidate must be a self-starter. Must be comfortable with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Willing to learn new software programs Able to handle multiple tasks Familiarity with computer […]

Read complete article...

Ballston Lake Fire District Commissioner Elections

The Annual election of the Ballston Lake Fire District No.1 will be held at the Fire Station, 1125 Ballston Lake Road, on Tuesday December 8, 2015 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM for the purpose of electing one (1) Fire District Commissioner to serve a five (5) year term commencing […]

Read complete article...

NOTICE: Duck Hunting in the Vischer Ferry Preserve

NOTICE TOWN OF CLIFTON PARK DUCK HUNTING IN THE VISCHER FERRY NATURE PRESERVE   The Vischer Ferry Nature & Historic Preserve in Clifton Park will be officially closed to recreational users but open for duck hunters in designated areas from OCTOBER 10 THROUGH OCTOBER 16th, 2015.  Hunters must register prior […]

Read complete article...

Duck Hunting in the Vischer Ferry Nature Preserve

Duck Hunting in the Vischer Ferry Preserve The Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve in Clifton Park will be officially closed to recreational users but open for duck hunters in designated areas from October 11 thought October 17, 2014. Hunters must register prior to entering the preserve in the Clifton […]

Read complete article...