Clifton Park Town Hall
Fire Prevention Bureau
- Enforcing the Building and Fire codes of New York State and the Code of the Town of Clifton Park as it pertains to the construction and inspection of industrial, residential and commercial sites, day care centers, multiple dwellings, hotels, motels and places of public assembly for fire safety compliance.
- Performing annual and bi-annual inspections of commercial establishments, multiple dwellings, and places of public assembly.
- Issuing permits for heat-producing fuel burning equipment such as furnaces, water heaters, fireplaces, woodstoves, gas logs and inserts.
- Performing permit-related inspections to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and laws.
- As requested by local fire departments, responding to structure fires and other emergency situations.
- Working closely with the Supervisor’s office, the Planning Dept, the Emergency Services Advisory Board, the Fire Appeals Board, the Disaster Coordinator, the County 911 Office of Emergency Services, and local fire departments to achieve the highest possible level of safety for town residents.
- Manages assignment and standards for 911 address numbers.
- Open burning permits and complaints.
- Conducts fire prevention education to the community with our Fire Prevention Bus mobile classroom.
FOR MORE FIRE PREVENTION INFORMATION:
DOWNLOADABLE PERMIT APPLICATION AND INFORMATION:
Fire Prevention Permit Review
Change of Tenant Permit Application
Carbon Monoxide Bulletin
911 House Number Standards
Permit Application – Heat Producing Equipment
Heat Producing Equipment Notice
Burn Permit Requirements
Burning Permit Application
Smoke Alarms in Existing Residences Requirements
Hazardous Material Report Form
Prohibition of Barbeque Grills on Combustible Balconies and Decks
Kitchen Fire Suppression Systems
Outdoor Wood Boilers
TOWN FIRE DISTRICTS: