Southern Saratoga's #1 resource for information about area shopping, dining, businesses, community groups, news, events & activities, weather, and Clifton Park Town Hall

There are no alerts at this time Learn more about the alerts system

Town Menu

Clifton Park Town Hall Send Email

Town Clerk


  • Preparation of minutes of Town Board meetings
  • Maintain all Town records
  • Legal notices: bids, public hearings, notices of adoption
  • General and primary elections
  • Freedom of Information requests
  • Issue over 65 and Social Security disabled transfer station permits
  • Issue handicapped parking permits
  • Issue Certificates of Residency
  • Sale of zoning, subdivision, design construction standards, and sign regulations
  • Offer notarial services
  • All licensing: sporting, dog, marriage, peddler/junkyard, bingo/games of chance/bell jar
  • Sale and renewal of Mary Jane Row Dog Park Permits


NOTICE TOWN OF CLIFTON PARK DUCK HUNTING IN THE VISCHER FERRY NATURE PRESERVE The Vischer Ferry Nature & Historic Preserve in Clifton Park will be officially closed to recreational users but open...

Read Complete Article

Where is the Town Clerk's Office?

It is located in the Clifton Park Town Hall on the corner of Vischer Ferry Road and Clifton Park Center Road.

What Do I Need To Get A Marriage License?

1) Couple needs to come in together
2) Photo ID drivers license or passport
3) State Issued (not hospital) Birth certificate ( if not in English need certified transcript in English) or Naturalization papers
4) Social Security Number (card not required)
5) Need to know city and state both born in
6) Country of birth for their parents
7) Parents’ full names including maiden names, middle names and the correct spelling
8) If not first marriage, need final divorce decree for all divorces and/or date of death of spouse, copy of death certificate required
9) The fee is $32.
10) License must be obtained at least 24 hrs in advance of the ceremony
11) License is good for 60 days

How Do I License My Dog?

When your dog is 4 months old or more, bring the Veterinarian's inoculation certificates for Rabies, spay or neuter, if done to the Town Clerk's office to apply for the dog license. Fees are: $3.50 for spayed and neutered dogs, $11.50 others.

Thursday August 7th, 2014 | Town Clerk Open

Time: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM | Location: Clifton Park Town Hall

Thursday August 14th, 2014 | Town Clerk Open

Time: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM | Location: Clifton Park Town Hall

Thursday August 21st, 2014 | Town Clerk Open

Time: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM | Location: Clifton Park Town Hall

Thursday August 28th, 2014 | Town Clerk Open

Time: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM | Location: Clifton Park Town Hall

Proof Required for Certificate of Residency

You must be a current resident of Clifton Park & have lived in the Town for at least one year for the Town Clerk to issue.

Proof required for Certificate of Residency:


  1.  Document dated at least one year ago but not more than 15 months showing name and current Clifton Park address.


  1. Document dated within the last 30 days showing name and current Clifton Park address.


Students that have moved within the past year must obtain certificate at the County Treasurer’s Office.  Phone 885-5381 Ext. 4325.


  1. Students who are not citizens of the United States applying for their FIRST Certificate of Residency must apply in the County Treasurer’s Office.  Foreign-born students will be asked to provide a Visa, Permanent Resident Card or immigration papers indicating permanent resident status.



  • College correspondence including bills or schedule of classes
  • Dated mail or postmarked envelopes (window envelopes not acceptable)
  • Bank statement
  • Credit card statement
  • Cell phone, utility/telephone bills
  • Formal Lease
  • Driver’s license
  • Car registration, insurance card
  • High school interim reports, transcripts
  • Medical records/prescriptions
  • Pay stub


Clifton Park Town Clerk Hours:  Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., open until 7 p.m. on Thursdays.  Phone 371-6681

Saratoga County Treasurer’s Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.  Phone 885-5381 ext. 4325.

** A student must apply for a certificate no sooner than 60 days prior to the start of classes and no later than 30 days after the college’s first day of classes.  Certificates remain valid for one year of semesters, provided the student attends during the semester the certificate that is issued.  A student that does not register for the certificate that was issued, must apply for and receive a new certificate.  Cut off dates are dictated by the start of classes at each college and will vary.  Students applying for a certificate after the beginning of the college semester must apply at County Treasurer’s office.


Refer to County Treasurer by clicking here for additional information on Certificate of Residency.

Department Staff

Patricia O'Donnell, Town Clerk, Registrar of Vital Statistics
Teresa Brobston, Deputy Town Clerk, Deputy Registrar
Jodie Ensel, Deputy Town Clerk