FOL Community Scholarships
for College Tuition
View Beautiful Poster created by Fei Xei
for the 2014 Community Scholarships!
NOTE: The 2014 Application Form will be posted here
January 1, 2014.
Community Scholarship 2013 Winners
Jamie Grzybowski and Julia Krupski
Winners were Announced
Volunteer Recognition Day Event
May 22, 2013
The Friends Community Scholarship program assists deserving students in realizing their educational dreams. The Friends anticipate awarding two scholarships of $1,000 each year to students who will attend an accredited two-year or four-year college or university. Scholarship recipients must be Shenendehowa High School students and/or residents of the Library tax district. Refer to the Community Scholarship Guidelines and Eligibility. The 2014 Application Form will be posted here on January 1, 2014.
2012 Community Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations Ami Bhavsar and Rebekah Bissett!
Community Scholarship Guidelines and Eligibility
There are five required parts to this application. The first four are to be completed by the applicant. Application packets which are incomplete will not be reviewed. The fifth part of the application (see #5 below) must be completed by an individual who agrees to serve as a reference for the applicant. The application must include ALL of the following to be eligible:
1. Applicant’s personal information, including: name, address, telephone numbers/e-mail, and date of birth.
2. Applicant's academic information, including: name of high school (indicate if home-schooled); expected date of graduation; and name and address of college or university the applicant anticipates attending in fall of the scholarship year.
3. A resume that includes information about activities, honors and awards, participation in school, extracurricular, civic and/or leadership activities, and work experience.
4. Personal Essay: The original essay of at least 200 words must be typed double spaced, and the applicant's name should appear on each numbered page. The essay should address one of the topics on the application.
5. Recommendation: Applicants must submit one letter of recommendation. The letter must be from someone other than a family member who has known the applicant for a sufficient time to be able to comment on his/her character and abilities.
The application form and all attachments must be received at the Clifton Park Halfmoon Library no later than March 1 of the scholarship year. Applications MAY NOT be faxed or emailed. Application packages that are incomplete or received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Applications should be mailed or taken in person to:
Friends of the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library
475 Moe Road
Clifton Park, New York 12065
To be eligible, applicants must be:
1. Graduating seniors attending Shenendehowa High School
2. Graduating seniors living within the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library tax district who are either a) attending another public/private high school or b) home-schooled
3. Entering their first year at an accreditied two-year or four-year college or university in the fall of the scholarship year.
Scholarship Fund Disbursement
1. Scholarships must be used beginning in the fall semester of the scholarship year.
2. Award recipients will be contacted directly by the Awards Committee.
3. Scholarship awards will be deposited directly with the college/university, to be used to cover tuition, college expenses, fees, books, and/or instructional supplies.
4. Awards are for one year and are non-renewable.